Re: Plea for help

> Installing Linux on these beasts, upgrading tulip.c to v.90 we get a
> problem or two.
> First: Media detection: It goes into an infinite loop trying to figure out
> the media type and generally sends pile sof spurious packets to the
> interface, effectively hosing your hub/network.
> Second: If you compile in the driver with the option for a fixed media
> type, it seems to send, but not receive packets.

The tulip driver (and the de4x5 too for that matter) are know to be a bit flakey on the alpha. You might however want to try the de4x5 driver on your hardware as well (it's for the same chips, though originally it was only desinged to work with Digital hardware). I've always gotten one of them to work on my hardware.

/Anders
Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Not system administrator at DjungelData             | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87