Plea for help

Hi folks, I wouldn't be writing this, but other sources (and my own
capabilities) have been exhausted.
Here's the problem:
API/Samsung UX motherboard (aka Ruffian) has an onboard 21143PC ethernet.
It is a tulip variant of a newer kind. It odes 10T/100T.

Installing Linux on these beasts, upgrading tulip.c to v.90 we get a
problem or two.
First: Media detection: It goes into an infinite loop trying to figure out
the media type and generally sends pile sof spurious packets to the
interface, effectively hosing your hub/network.
Second: If you compile in the driver with the option for a fixed media
type, it seems to send, but not receive packets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s.: We have tried emailing/calling Donald Becker, but he either is away,
too busy, or something else, because we received no reply..

Best regards,

  Maurice W. Hilarius                   Telephone: 01-403-414-9319
  Hard Data Ltd.                      **FAX:       01-403-456-1510
  11060 - 166 Avenue                    email:maurice@harddata.com
  Edmonton, AB, Canada  - T5X 1Y3       http://www.harddata.com