Re: XFree: Mach64 problems - patches ?

[Mach64 lockups]

> As far as I can tell, these lockups are related to operations on sockets -
> My question:
> Are there any alpha related patches applied to XFree ?

Yes, all of Matti's patches and Tim Riley's (I think) TGA patches.

> If not, I think some of the patches from ftp://mea.tmt.tele.fi/pub/XFree86/
> should help with this problem (Especially the sockets patch ?)

Ah, except that the Matti's patches are already applied to our X packages
(though they are not in the i386 version yet, so if you build them yourself
you need to pick up the patches). My guess is that you've found another place
where patching is needed. (If you can figure out approximately where it is
crashing I can probably figure it out and fix it. I don't have any Mach64
based cards to test with though.)

My guess is that the mga patch needs to be applied to the Mach64 server as
well...

mvh,
/Anders
Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Not system administrator at DjungelData             | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87