Re: dbuild results - partial

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

> OK, here's a question: How can I help?
>
> I've got dbuild but haven't really figure out how to make it run.  I've got
> a 600MHz Alpha and it would be great to put spare cycles to use compiling
> stuff.  At the moment, I've been compiling things manually as I discover I
> need them, but would rather do things in an automated fashion.

I think we should start with setting up a wanna-build server like the
m68k folks have. You tell it you're going to compile a package, and it
tells you if somebody else has already taken it, or if it failed last
time etc. I often look for a package, see it isn't compiled yet and
don't know if nobody has tried, or if it doesn't work, or if somebody
already has a version in incoming etc.

For this we would need a computer with reliable internet
connection. The package is really nice and well documented, so it
shouldn't be too hard to set it up. Any volunteers?

You can get wanna-build and also the build demon with

cvs -d :pserver:anon@cvs.linux-m68k.org:/CVS login
[empty password]
cvs -d :pserver:anon@cvs.linux-m68k.org:/CVS checkout wanna-build

	Falk