DSELECT problem

Hi,

I've setup a system using the 981115 diskettes and manually ftped files to
a local drive
prior ro runing DSELECT.  I tried to install (a2ps) and got the following
messages:

Running DSELECT

Setting up a2ps (4.10.4-3) ...
Can't locate English.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/alpha-linux/5.004
/usr/lib/perl5
/usr/local/lib/site_perl/alpha-linux
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .)
at /var/lib/dpkg/info/a2ps.postinst line 8.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lib/dpkg/info/a2ps.postinst line
8.
dpkg: error processing a2ps (--install):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 a2ps

installation script returned error exit status 1.
Press RETURN to continue.

These files were in my /debian/dists/sid/main/binary-alpha/text
directory:
less_332-_1.deb
groff_1_11a-7.deb
psutils_1_17-5.deb
a2ps_4_10_4-3.deb

------
Any clues as to what I might have done wrong?

-----
Thanks,

Alex Miller
amiller@cats.ucsc.edu