standalone X11 package install

I have an alphastation 200 4/233 (yes, from webauction) on which I
installed the 981115 system from diskette, then I created a
/debian/disks/sid/main/binary-alpha/*  tree using packages I ftp'ed
on another system (reason: I'm behind a firewall and don't have rftp.)
I copied the following X11 packages:
xbase
xlib6g
xbase-clients
twm
xmodmap
xterm,
xserver-common
xserver-svga
xf86setup
xfonts-base
xfonts-100dpi
xfonts-75dpi
xfonts-scalable
xcontrib
xpm4g

I ran xf86setup and supplied what I think are reasonable values for
my Matrox Millenium graphics card.  When I try to start X, this happens:

X windows messages:

#startx
xauth: error in loading shared libraries
libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(message repeats 2 more times)

I figure I'm still missing something.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex MIller
amiller@cats.ucsc.edu