Re: AbiWord on Linux Alpha

On Tue, Nov 24, 1998 at 03:01:05AM +0000, Shaw Terwilliger wrote:
> And BTW, I built 2.1.129 for the Alpha, and it seems to work...
> all except there's no console.  The 2.0.34 kernel I had (from
> the Debian distro) worked nice but felt a bit slow.  The new
> 2.1.129 is pretty stock, including SCSI drivers for this
> machine (Multia 233) and the Digital ethernet card, but
> the console never shows on boot.  The machine works fine otherwise
> (over the network).
>
> I've enabled the VGA console, not the framebuffer, and I have
> turned off the "serial console" option, although serial
> support is compiled in.

There's your problem:  the UDB ("Multia") doesn't have a VGA onboard,
it has a TGA.  'fraid I don't know what you should configure that as
under 2.1.129, though.  Perhaps there's a tgafb driver?

-andy
--
Andy Isaacson adisaacs@mtu.edu adi@acm.org    Fight Spam, join CAUCE:
http://www.csl.mtu.edu/~adisaacs/              http://www.cauce.org/