IDE card for AS200?

Do any of the PCI IDE cards (i.e. Promise) work in the AS200 4/233?
Are they bootable with SRM or ARC?  I'm currently using a 2.2gb IBM
wide SCSI drive.  It spins down every now and again without reason,
and always comes right back, but I can't login after that happens.
I think the drive is toast.

I tried using an ISA IDE card, but Linux could not see it.  I normally
use SRM.  ARC didn't see it either.  I have the latest firmware installed.

Help appreciated: I'd like to be able to use my Alpha again.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff