Re: xserver-common missing?

At 19:17 20.11.98 +0100, you wrote:
>>> Today i wanted to install X on my alpha, but the xserver depends
>>> on xserver-common which seems not be available.
>>
>>That seems strange, since I certainly did upload it, and it seems to
>>have made it to ftp.lh.umu.se. How are you installing? (I.e apt, dselect...)
>
>Update: The file is there, but it isn't in the packages-file, so dselect/apt
>cannot find it.

Uh. I have forgotten that apt-get update does not update the packages
files used by dselect. After trying update in dselect the package is
now shown.

Is there any good reason, why apt-get update does not also update the
dselect packages files? This can be very confusing sometimes. I knew
it, but forgot it... Not very intuitive.

--
Gruss Michael
kju@flummi.de, kju@irc