Re: [inetd stuff]

On Sat 21 Nov 1998, Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

> i have just upgraded a few packages (libstdc++2.9, those that depended on it --
> dpkg, groff and netstd)
> however, telnet (the binary) seems to have disappeared.

Telnet[d] is now in a separate package.

> ssh also reverts to rlogin ....

ssh isn't in main; I don't know about this...

> imo, inetd seems to have died miserably.  it needed a manual start (power

You mean it didn't start automatically when you booted the system?
Maybe some other package is now also responsible for starting inetd...
They split up the netstd stuff for some reason.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands