Re: where should I point my apt?

At 20:02 19.11.98 +0100, you wrote:
>> I'm sorry for raising this issue again but even if I point my apt as
>> follows in /etc/apt/sources.list:
>> 	 deb http://va.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free
>>
>> I get loads of illegal links.  (With the .de. mirror it's the same but this
>> is frequently the case.)  What's up !?
>Good, now it works (on va).  It'll work on ftp.de at some point, too, then.

The problem is normally that a new packages-file was already mirrored from
the master server, but not the packages mentioned in it.

The mirrors on de.debian.org seems to start on 6:00 and are often not
finished before 12:00 or so. Sometimes it may even take longer.

--
Gruss Michael
kju@flummi.de, kju@irc