Re: Using NFS with UDB

> >   > mount florence.straylight.com:/debian /debian -o rsize=8192,rsize=8192,rw
> >   Mount failed: RPC timeout
> >
> There's a typo, rsize two times. (Possibly unimportant here)
> But maybe you have a different kind of problem: When I do not give the
> rsize and wsize options, I can mount pseudo-successfully, can ls , but not
> look into the files. You cannot mount.

The typo was in the e-mail, only.  I even tried the addr argument.

> BTW: I can mount from a linux/Intel box and an old clunky HP workstation.
> If florence is a sun that talks NFS3, maybe you should try another server?

Florence is a PII running hamm.  Hazel is the UDB.  Had I another
server, I'd gladly try it, but for the time being, I only have Linux
machines.  My suspicion is that this is not a hardware problem.  I
have evidence that the hardware works in other situations.  I think
this has something to do with the debian setup.