Re: Init starting twice again

 > The question is whether the install scripts check the version of the
 > init RUNNING or the version of the init INSTALLED. If the latter is
 > the case, installing a new init twice, or a new and an even newer
 > version without rebooting would summon the bug. So I would rather
 > reboot after installing a working init.

In my first message on the init issue, I suggested the problem was
related to doing "init u" with an old init. I was wrong because the
"u" option was introduced in March or April, and was on the July set
of installation disks. So except for machines that have not been
rebooted or upgraded for more than six months, checking the version is
a non-issue.

The only important thing is that the version you are upgrading _TO_
has not the "buffer overflow" bug, the old version that you have
should not matter.

 > BTW, is there already a compiled fixed version available for Alpha?

I guess it should be on its way to the archive and mirrors.

Loic