Re: Missing ldso!!!

Paul Slootman <paul@wau.mis.ah.nl> writes:

> On Wed 04 Nov 1998, John Goerzen wrote:
> >
> > Why is there no ldso pacakge?  Apparently the one on the boot disks
>
> Because there simply isn't.

Oh.  Cool.  Panic mode off :-)

> So what isn't working for you that you feel you should have an ldso
> package?  I don't have it, (locate ldso only shows
> /usr/lib/cruft/filters/ldso and /usr/share/terminfo/x/xterm-boldso),
> and everything's fine here.

Well, ldso is, you know, one of these important things that I thought
everything had to have.  The description, for instance, says that
every program that uses a shared library needs the ldso package.  I
was not rebooting or closing my shells in fear that they wouldn't come
back if I did :-)

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
Visit the Air Capital Linux Users Group on the web at http://www.aclug.org