Re: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org

> I just installed xdm-3.3.2-3a.6.deb and when it starts, it launch
> an X server but that one shuts down immediatly...
> I looked in xdm.log and saw that :
>
>  xdm error (pid 197): /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/libXdmGreet.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory while loading
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/libXdmGreet.so
>
> that lib doesn't exist ! and I saw that it isn't in xdm's package ...

I think I have an idea... Intel doesn't use a .so for libXdmGreet (it's
statically linked on Intel, god knows why). I fixed this in the previous X
packages, and my guess is that the fix got lost in the reorganisation. (I
don't run xdm on the alpha, and I didn't think to check it.) I'll have a look
and fix it if needed.

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Not system administrator at DjungelData             | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87