Re: new installation disks

On Sun, Nov 01, 1998 at 12:17:46AM +0100, Loic Prylli wrote:

>  > > So now there should be  a working installation set (...)

>  > I got it to
>  > work until now, but there were a couple of minor problems
>
> I did something quite misleading, I first put a draft version on the
> web server, and finally I got some more time to improve it, so I
> updated the files the same day without changing the names. If you
> download the files before my announcement on the lists, you propably
> got the intermediate version. The first two problems you described are
> corrected in the current version.

Yes, I indeed got it before your announcement. I'll try again with the new
and improved floppies.

Thanks for your clarifications!

>  > * the "year 2018 problem" is still present :)
>
> I cannot reproduce here, the date is correct when booting with SRM.

Yes, this is because SRM uses the "right" epoch. ARC and AlphaBIOS (which
I have to use) use the other epoch and thus have the problem.

I remember someone having a patched hwclock binary or even a debian
package, but can't find it anymore. Does anyone of the list know about it?

> I guess, we need to forward the right hwclock to the util-linux
> maintainer.

That's a good idea.

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>