Re: Question on "-O" ports

> So, I now have a fixed tcl.  Obviously, there is no desire to submit a
> patch upstream since this is not a bug in Tcl, it's a bug in egcs.
> In the case of Tcl, the version in the archive is old anyway.  But for
> regular ones, is a point release (like a NMU) the correct thing to do,
> with no patch submitted upstream?

Yes, an NMU version number is the thing to do. On the sparc port we used an
extra 0 in the NMU version for things that were just recompiled (so 1.2-1
would become 1.2-1.0.1) to note that it was not a real NMU version. Also note
in the changelog that the package has just been recompiled, and why.

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Not system administrator at DjungelData             | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87