Re: Faure upgrade

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> Then for some -insane- reason when libc6 was upgraded init decided to
> start running fsck on the MOUNTED! disks, needless to say we narrowly
> escaped massive file system corruption by rebooting.. Aynone know whats up
> here?

Please refer to debian-devel and linux-kernel where Miquel S. continousely
explains that 'init u' re-exec's the current init.  A feature that is used
in some debian postinst file and also a feature that is not known for older
sysvinit programs.  I'm pretty sure you run into this trap.

> And my final gripe, apt Aborts() when you do update, why didn't
> someone tell me! :>

Maybe nobody else was so insane to upgrade faure? :)

Regards,

	Joey

--
There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.