Re: Make and globbing (alpha)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>
> > Oh I didn't catch that, I got annoyed and erased glob/glob.h just in case
> > it was doing something damaged like that!
>
> Yeah, that's one way, but I really want to make it more "multi-arch
> friendly" :-)  I'm wondering if that fix would work on i386 as well?  If
> so, we can probably make that change anyway :-)  I'll probably have it
> respond to the configure script regardless just in case so that the
> changes can be passed upstream as well.

It should work on i386 too, in fact I'd consider i386 broken if it's using
the local glob.h! There is no doubt that it is an upstream issue.

> Actually, both.  I usually use alpha.debian.nl, but will frequent faure
> for some builds that I need to keep closer track of (lag kills me on

I understand debian.nl is quite a bit quicker :> faure seems comparable to
my P166 for build speed. We have another alpha from Bdale that I haven't
quite figured out what to do with, it has a tiny disk drive and is slow :<

Jason