Re: Alpha problems

On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 09:54:05PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
>  * xserver-vga16 is missing

I've have been told, that it would be nontrivial to port the vga16
server. I've already asked for it some time ago, because it is needed
for XF86Setup.

>  * I can't compile a kernel.  At first, make menuconfig
>    complains of problems in line 30 of arch/alpha/Makefile.
>    Later, I am unable to select the NCR53c8xx driver for
>    compilation (I require this driver).  This applies to both
>    2.0.34 and 2.0.35.

The line 30 problem was to my knowledge a bug in make 3.77-1. Hmm,
but i've installed debian/axp a few days ago from scratch, and had
no problems compiling kernel. but i've used the alpha-2.0.35-kernel
patches someone announced here quite a while ago. Maybe thats the
solution.

For the NCR53c8xx Driver try make config instead of menuconfig.

--

Gruss Michael