Various problems compiling packages (+ binutils broken?)

I comiled (or tried to) several packages for Alpha and hit some
problems here and there:

X11: lots of "conversion for pointer to int of different size"
also in many other packages

Would you say that those warnings are bugs of the package, because it
makes them possible crash on "int != void *" archs?

config.guess: alphapca56-unknown-linux-gnu

Several programs using config.guess can't handle alpha flavours and
most (if not all) don't care anyway. Maybe config.guess should just
say alpha-unknown-linux-gnu there.

fakeroot: unaligned traps
          segfaults (specially with "fakeroot debian/rules binary")
             That might be a "conversion of pointer to int" problem
             with libtrix.

make: segfaults when compiling crystal space. The problem seems to be
      at 0x00000028 (32 Bit int of a pointer?)
I recompiled make without stripping it and then it gave an "illegal
instruction" when executed. Is that a bug in binutils?

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn