Re: Booting an Alpha 164SX

Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Guenter Geiger <guenter.geiger@psp-vie.be.philips.com> writes:
>
> > >So is the OS Path part totally irrelevant? And where do I type
> > >"/milo", the input mask doesn't match that in the README.
> >
> > Linload knows that it has to load a file called milo ...
>
> But the BIOS barfs. I get a graphical error message "Image invalid" or
> something. It seems loadlin doesn't even get started.
>
> 	Falk

We got it working now (Falk and me). We made a new set of bootdisks
and a new rescuedisk and that worked.

Now milo barfs. The Alpha boots, I select linux at the boot
prompt. loadlin gets loaded and executet and the alpha resets (at
least the gfx board does), the graphics card and scsi board get
initialised and some status info about my system, which are correct as
far as I can tell. Then the following is displyed:

MILO> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O> O>

I can press return, in which case milo tells me that the command is
wrong and I should try "Help". After that the same prompt apears
again. If I press returns and directly afterwards some key, those keys
will be inbetween the "O>"'s. It seems that milo messes up the
keyboard input and thinks I have some key pressed all the time.

I'm currently donwloading the redhat milo, kernel and image and I will
try those. Hopefully their milo understands our Alpha. :)

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn