Re: lchown and the 2.1 kernel (was: what do you think?)

    JH> So, what, are we gonna keep the "new" way, or are we gonna do
    JH> like the X86 guys?

  We're gonna keep the "new" way. There'll be a new dpkg .deb
available (as soon as we can get one to compile :P ) which will work
on 2.1. There'll be a new libc .deb available (with either the patch
posted here earlier or the libc 2.1 fix backported) which will make
the (hypothetical) new dpkg .deb work with pre-lchown kernels.

  Currently, we're in a great deal of strife because there's a couple
of really important packages that are breaking due to egcs. I'm
starting to seriously doubt our chances of making the freeze... :(

m.