Re: Warning! Problem when upgrading to sysvinit_2.75-4.1

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:

> BTW, who did the sysvinit upload? (the .1 NMU version, that is; there
> should be an associated diff in the BTS, but I can't find it).

I did, but it was binary-only.  It had a libc6 dependency that was
hard-coded (shlibs.local).  Other than that, it was a straight
compilation.  I talked briefly to the maintainer about why I had to do
the upload, but neither of us have made an attempt to resolve the
dependency problem automatically yet.

> I can't imagine that this will happen also on i386, else I'm sure I
> would have seen a bug report (severity: deadly) on this!
> FYI: I was on 2.74-something before the upgrade.

You may want to look at the postinst scripts and find out.  I also noticed
a starting of init, but it didn't affect me since I haven't rebooted since
then.

One thing I did notice, though, was that it wrote out /etc/nologin, which
locked me out of alpha.debian.nl.  This is removed on reboot, though, fyi.