UDB installation: where to find disk images?

I've finally got hold of a replacement battery for my UDB, and it's at
here at work on a network ready to start installing.  I'm starting with
the instructions at <http://www.bard.org.il/~marc/html/nano-HOWTO.html>
and keeping notes in HTML as I go, so hopefully there will be an
annotated, idiotproof UDB install procedure once I'm finished.

I gather that I need the following disks (can this really be true?  An
entire /box/ of floppies?):

    http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/bf980705/noname/resc1440.bin
                                                   drv1440.bin

    http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/bf980702/root1440.bin

    http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/bf980702/base14-1.bin
                                            base14-2.bin
                                            base14-3.bin
                                            base14-4.bin
                                            base14-5.bin
                                            base14-6.bin

Is <http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/debian.html> the canonical location
for finding these disk images?  I gather that I also need a MILO disk
image, usually referred to as milo.dd.  Where can I find this image?
I found a MILO binary on Digital's ftp site at
<ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Linux-Alpha/Kernels/Test-Milos-2.0.30+/udb-noname>,
but not a disk image.

Another quick question while I'm at it: is it better to boot from the
ARC console, or from the SRM console?  I've had this machine booting
from ARC before, but it needed an annoying little FAT partition to do
so.  Can this be avoided?

--
 Robin Stephenson
 Individually Wrapped