RE: kernel diff package

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Guenter Geiger wrote:

> Probably it would be nice if we offered an 2.1 version too.
> Are there any suggestions which version to use (if not the latest) ?

Agreed.  2.1.123 has been known to lock up on quite a few Alphas, so
barring anyone's knowledge of a patch, we should probably go with an
earlier (or later if it exists) version.

> I will just use -O (as already mentioned on the list), until egcs can
> cope again.

It may be soon.  I'm working with someone on getting an egcs-ss package
going again.  Supposedly, the latest snapshot works on the "problem
children" that we've encountered recently.