Re: New Alph Website

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 Scott Lewis wrote:
>My apologies to those that get this twice.  Is anybody else concerned that
>there may be too many miscellaneous web sites without a central alpha
>linux reference site?  Yeah, I know we have the azstarnet axp site, but it
>is a bit outdated, especially the links.  There are a great many sites
>that are extremely helpful, but are not listed.  Even a site with links to
>others, including a brief summary of the content would be helpful.  I may
>regret this, but if I volunteer to build the "all-encompassing" site, will
>the various maintainers of their own sites agree to submit URL's and
>summaries?  For that matter, anybody with a list of sites would also be
>welcome to submit.  It would not be distribution-centric, with the
>exception of grouping by distribution on the page itself.  I suppose
>including companies that provide alphas as well as certain alpha projects
>would also be in order.  Comments or suggestions?

If you are willing to put your time into that task, I would appreciate !

I really need a site like that, giving me an easy / quick stp to what I am
looking for.
It needs to kep up with changes, new pages, outdated pages should be removed or
marked as such, ... .

Greetings,
Jochen
  Jochen K"upper

  Heinrich-Heine-Universit"at D"usseldorf   jochen@uni-duesseldorf.de
  Institut f"ur Physikalische Chemie I
  Universit"atsstr. 1, Geb 26.43 Raum 02.29    phone ++49-211-8113681
  40225 D"usseldorf                            fax   ++49-211-8115195
  Germany             http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen