Re: On Documentation

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Marc A. Volovic wrote:

> > 2) General installation instructions (creating boot floppies, partitioning,
> > steps to be taken after milo started, aboot ??)
>
> I am less certain about this one - this is generic Linux stuff.

For the most part, yes.  When it comes to aboot/MILO, though, we'll have
to handle that part.  Honestly, we could probably get some text from a
RedHat user somewhere that could help (at least with the more generic
stuff like MILO and aboot).

> Please do update me - my UDB's on the blink, but I am STILL waiting for
> a lovely Miata or a PC164 (which of the two, by the way, is the better
> creature to get for free or, at most, about US$400 - I am owed favours,
> you see :-)?

Take the PC164.  It's got fantastic bandwidth for RAM and is just a nicer
board altogether (IMO).  Hell...if you can swing a second PC164...I could
definitely use one here!

> I have been promised this by hdogan@griffin.cc.foi.hr... Hopefully soon.

When it's done, let me know or forward it on (please convert to SGML if
you have time...makes it easier).

> Can _anyone_ write this? I've done this once but it was so painful that I
> used the debug monitor to boot thereafter.

Hehehehe...yeah, that was brutal.  I still have your old docs, fyi.

> This I have on my page:
> 	http://www.bard.org.il/~marc/html/nano-HOWTO/index.html
> I will gladly incorporate any and all information, if anyone forwards it
> to me...

I'll yank this down and install it into the page.  I'm bookmarking your
page right now.

> In all, I hope to find the time to work on that bugger of a UDB soonish.

Just let me know.  I still have your old docs, but we could probably use
some more updated procedures anyway.