Re: egcs pre1.1

On Wed 09 Sep 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> Have you tried the new 1.1a package yet?  It's now installed on

I have the gcc_2.91.57-1.deb installed at home, and that's where I came
across this. I haven't looked yet to see if there's a newer one, will do
when I get the chance.

> alpha.debian.nl.  It seems to compile ok for me.  The only thing I can see
> wrong with the code is that you're testing and using 'y' while it's still
> undefined.  Then again, that all happens before the line that barfed.

As I said, don't expect the source to do anything sensible, it's what
was left after I stripped out everything that didn't cause the bug to go
away.

> What package did this come from?  I'd like to try it and send something to

It's from one of the (out of date / not yet ported) graphics packages; I
can't check which one for about 24 hours, however. It's probably eeyes
(source gnome-graphics).

I was building packages that currently depend on libjpeg[g]6a, so that
they would depend on libjpeg6b instead, so that the old libraries can be
retired (which is why I also came across the imake problems with
chimera2).

BTW, people, please make sure you're not building stuff with
the old (development) libraries installed! Especially the libjpeg* stuff
is a mess... E.g. gimp 1.0.0-1 currently depends on libjpegg6a, and that
can't be necessary.

Most of the oldlibs packages aren't needed anymore. I'll post a summary
soon of the situation, and request that certain packages are removed
from the ftp site.

> the egcs list about it if it still comes up.  I already have one case to
> send them from jade, so I wouldn't mind tacking another on to that email.

I saw that menu now succeeded, whereas the C++ stuff failed previously.
Things are getting better!

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org