What "oldlibs" packages are (still) needed?

I've been looking at the diffs between the binary-i386 and binary-alpha
Packages files, and it's looking pretty good! 119 packages out of date,
and 266 packages not available; these numbers include i386-specific
packages like lilo. Out of a total of 1548 packages that's not bad...
And who really needs stuff like xemacs and netcdf anyway? (Just kidding :-)

However, which of the "oldlibs" section packages are still needed? For
example, I looked at libreadline2, which is at version 2.1.2. No
packages in main depend on it, in fact, libreadline2g conflicts with
libreadline2 (<<2.1-2.1), so no one can ever have libreadline2 installed
nowadays...

Wouldn't it be a good idea to clean out that section? AFAIK the oldlibs
packages are needed on i386 for the transition from libc5 to libc6, but
as "we" never had libc5, it's not relevant.

Opinions?

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl