Re: Are non-i386 architectures second-class citizens?

On Friday, June 19 1998, at 10:49:44, Zed Pobre wrote:
: [...]  Especially something that affects the Alpha
: architecture should be fixed, since my understanding is that at least
: Alpha is planning to release with Hamm on the same schedule as i386
: (any others out there ready to do this yet, or is it just Alpha?)  But
: that's not really why I'm writing.

Brian White wrote:
> Though significantly delayed, Debian 2.0 ("Hamm") has officially been released
> as "beta" for the i386 and m68k architectures.  [...]
>
> [...]
> Debian distributions for Alpha, Sparc, and PowerPC are also available under
> the "unstable" tree.  They will likely release with Debian 2.1.

So _no_, alpha is not going to be released as Debian 2.0 ("Hamm").
Why?

Regards,
--
Roberto Lumbreras