Help with /etc

Hi,
	I have deleted the /etc directory in one accident
(no backup :-( could someone send me. put in somewhere a tar file with
one debian alpha /etc subdirectory.

I am reinstalling everything to recover the files in /etc, but I get
the following error:

dpkg: error processing modutils_2.1.85-11.deb (--install):
 error setting ownership of symlink `usr/bin/genksyms': No such file or directory

with different files and packages.

I have installed the last versions of everything as this morning.

The total re-installation of the machine is not a good Idea (I am a
2000 Km away for the next three months :-(((

Thanks in advance, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy