Re: Debian-alpha bugs (was: Re: General questions about debian-alpha...)

> a lot of files in /dev and /var have group 41400 ..... I have change
> them to the same values that the debian intel box. (This machine has
> suffered several crashes (related that is my first headless box) and
> this problem can be related with the crashes and not with debian alpha.

I suppose anyone can look and see, but I'll verify this--I found the same
thing in my /dev and /var directories.

Some other minor annoyances:

egcc:	when compiling anything, a number of empty files of the form,
        "cca?????" are left in a user's home directory.  Can anyone
        explain what these files are and/or how to get rid of them or have
	them created in /tmp (if that's wise) or somewhere else?

Thanks,

   Kevin

-----
Kevin Squire