Re: UDB and Hamm? How stable is Hamm?

On Tue 09 Jun 1998, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> Don't bother with RH---the release of Debian 2.0 for Alpha may lag a bit

Agreed!

> compared to the Intel, but that is almost exclusively a matter of the fact
> that we're perpetually playing catch-up.  Every package on the FTP site that
> I've installed in the last several months has simply worked.  There are some

... besides a certain version of dpkg (fixed now), and sp. But
everything else was as good as I've come to expect with Debian.

> things that don't compile, but they're usually less-popular packages that
> you wouldn't find under RedHat, either.

I'm having trouble with wu-ftpd-academ; they do stuff with varargs (or
was it stdargs) which ecgs' stricter checking won't compile, while the
i386 gcc simply builds it :-(

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl