Re: Welcome to the Debian Testing Group

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Sam M Oubari wrote:

> Hi Brandon,
> Thanks for your reply, I finally got the right MILO for my
> DEC-AlphaStation-200.  I found it at:
>
> gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/Digital/Linux-Alpha/Miniloader/v2.0/latest/AlphaStation
> 200/milo.dd
>
> Anyway, now I can't find a rescue disk specific for my station, in:
> ftp.debian.org/debian/hamm/hamm/disks-alpha/1997-10-05
> It seems that I'm expected to make the disk, but there are no
> instructions.  The other ones I tried so far, will cause the system to
> freeze after unzipping "vmlinux.gz"
>
> My question is how do I get/make the right rescue disk for "Avanti-s"?

Well, I don't claim to know anything about other platforms, but I'll cc
this to the appropriate people so you can get some help.

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 596-5550                      --Linus Torvalds
Debian Testing Group status: http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/