Re: Problems with X server and xjewel

On Thu 28 May 1998, Anders Hammarquist wrote:

> Unfortunately the Matrox driver is not as stable as it should be on
> Alpha hardware (I have a Millenium 4MB and it crashes way too often...).

Actually, this is the first time that it crashed on me... if you ignore
the problems trying to get it to run in 24-bit mode.

> When I get the time(TM) I'll spend some time and try to debug it. If
> you (or anyone else) can help out in trying to pinpoint the breakage
> it would be most helpful.

Sure, tell me how I can help. I know nothing about X internals,
however... I also don't have the space to install a complete set of X
sources, but I guess I could scratch up about 100-150MB if that is enough.
Having a second system connected via network will help in the debugging,
I guess :-)

Anyway, I think I'll upload xjewel then, as it works for some people at
least. Another package to cross off the list :-)

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands