Re: dpkg 1.4.0.22.1 bug

[snip]

>Oh no :-( So there really is a big mess... dpkg is broken, and libc
>for x86 is also broken... Argh :-(

It certainly is a mess... Let's just hope it can be resolved.

>>I'll write something up for linux-kernel and see if it generates any
>>interesting responses.
>
>This isn't a kernel problem! It's a consequence of the political
>decision of implementing the new unix specification. Which is quite
>right, since it's a development branch.

Well, it's kernel related (though you could argue that it's not really
the cause of the problem). Anyway, I've already sent my message there, more
or less summarizing what we've said here (and mentioning another interesing
x86 issue I thought of while writing that message). We shall see what
happens.

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40