Re: NIS on Debian Alpha

On Thu, Feb 26, 1998 at 07:50:12PM +0100, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> Ferenc Kiraly <feri@fiz.uni-lj.si> wrote:
> >	Hi!
> >
> >I'm trying to get NIS (the client) to work on an Alpha PC 164LX
> >running a freshly installed hamm distribution.
>
> NIS doesn't work on the Alpha at the moment, it's probably a bug
> in glibc-2.0.7pre1. It's being looked into.

Small correction:

The new nis 3.2.1-2.1 package should work at least partially.
ypwhich, ypmatch, etc should function.

ypcat returns the desired map but produces an error message and a
segmentation fault afterwards. So basically it works except for scripts.

Thorsten Kukuk has sent me a patch for glibc which fixed the segfault and
he will sent it to the debian libc maintainer. If somebody needs the fix
urgently send me an email.

Greetings,

				Christian

--