hwclock?

During the install on my XLT, the time was OK. However, after a reboot,
hwclock complains that it can't get access to the hardware port (or
whatever, I didn't write the message down), and I'm warped to the 21st
century (2018).

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

BTW, how can I reproduce the kernel I'm using now? I'm guessing it's the
kernel from the rescue floppy. I'd like to take out a couple of drivers
that aren't relevant to me, and also make a start at getting ISDN
working on Alpha.

I understand that I can't simply take the stock Linux sources and
compile those on Alpha; Alpha-specific patches are necessary. BTW, it
would be great if those patches were integrated into the kernel-source
package! Or are they already...hmmm.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl