PPP, etc...

Ok...

I recompiled the PPP package with 2.0.29 headers, so it should work now on
older kernels.  If not, please let me know and I'll see what is happening.

I also compiled the "open" package (for opening a new VT for a process)
and have posted it also on my ftp site.

Both are compiled with the new gcc (2.8.0), so I'm holding off on
uploading them to master until I get positive feedback on how well they
work on other systems (as detailed in my previous barrage of gcc
messages).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know as soon as humanly possible so I can
continue to work on packages without having to worry about which gcc I'm
using.
Thanks!

Chris