Re: UDB PCMCIA?

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Doug DeJulio wrote:

> I need to get the PCMCIA slots working on my UDB soon.  I've done it before,
> but it's been months -- anyone got a list of pitfalls I should watch out for?

Hmmm....I've never tried using my PCMCIA slots, unfortunately, and all of
the information that I've found on using the slots is outdated and from
RedHat archives.  From what I gather, however, it shouldn't be as tough as
it used to be.  Since kernel modules are functioning, that's half of the
battle right there.  Also, as long as the pcmcia sources are compiled
correctly (I can do this today, actually, if everything compiles cleanly),
then it should work dandy :)  If I can't get to it, you need to compile
the pcmcia sources with the following switches:
	-DCONFIG_ALPHA_LCA -D__alpha__

> (Incidentally, the reason is that I'm about to *try* to begin work on a Linux
> driver for the Rolodex Rex (see www.franklin.com), and I was going to use the
> UDB as my development platform.)

Sounds neat.  I've never heard of it, but always like Rolodex gadgets :P

Chris