Re: Debian-Alpha port ideas...please read (long)

On 31 Oct 1997, James Troup wrote:

> I hate to butt in on your "ix86-originated" `g`-suffixed library
> bashing, but how is ldso an anachronism?  How exactly do you expect,
> e.g. dpkg-shlibdeps to work without ldso?  (Hint: look at where ldd
> comes from)

Actually, that was my first thought, but ldd comes from ldconfig, which,
incidentally, I can't find source for right now.  From my recollection
also, I tried to compile it before and met with some heavy problems.  I'd
be happy to go back and look into it further now, but I can't find the
source :)

Chris