Re: Bad stuff going down

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, nm wrote:

> well i am pulling my hair out over this one, i am having
> terrible trouble with my alpha...

Sorry to hear that...

> problems include random bus errors with any program,
> hard habbitual lockups, un explainable seg faults in
> otherwise safe proggies, and strange log messages ;)
> if anyone would please help me out and take a look at
> my logs and offer an opinion i would really appreciate
> it... seeing as how there is quite a bit of logs i
> think it would be best just to send it personally to
> whomever has the time/patience to deal with this
> monster...

Send them to me, I guess.  I'll at least be able to trim down the errors
enough to figure out what's really killing it.  Also, I'm familiar enough
with the kernel at this point to be able to sneak a good guess.

Oh, in response to the X problems...
>From what I have heard, there are some problems with the Virge-supporting
X-server.  Don't ask me details regarding that, but I've heard similar
problems from people in the past.  I'm not sure, but the 3.3.1 version of
the server may have fixed some of these hiccups.  I don't use X, honestly,
but I do keep an eyeball out for the latest releases since I need the new
libraries (xbase, really).  When it pops up on master, I'll be sure to
post it here...

Hope I can help ya :)

Chris