Re: Some questions

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> Glad to hear your good news...:)

Well, of course, trying to use dselect on the ftp.funet.fi
mirror broke many things. Among other things, it wouldn't
boot anymore (pressing ctrl-alt-del froze the console).
I'll re-install from scratch (should be easy: mke2fs, untar
base1_3.tgz, edit a few files; the Red Hat installation on
an other disk works fine).

> > * several packages depend on ncurses3.4, but I can't find it
> >   on the Debian mirror I use (ftp.funet.fi)
>
> It's on the primary site ftp.debian.org.  I'm surprised it hasn't made it
> to funet.fi yet since we put it up over a week ago.

Um, not as far as I can see: the sources are there, but
/debian/hamm/hamm/binary-alpha/base contains only
ncurses-base_1.9.9g-5.deb and ncurses-bin_1.9.9.3-1.deb.
.../libs contains ncurses3.0_1.9.9e-1.deb.