Re: Does this break glibc2 support?

On Monday, 29 Sep, Nikhil Nair wrote:

> I then had a look at alpha-patches-0.2.  I've generated a patch to go from
> 0.1 to 0.2, hopefully keeping the glibc2 compatibility which was reversed
> in 0.1.  Could someone have a look through to make sure this doesn't have
> any glibc2 problems?  I don't know what to look for.

Thanks for the patch.  I do not see any glibc2 problems in it.

> With one exception, it applied cleanly to my patched tree: someone had
> kindly corrected two spelling mistakes in comments, which broke the
> context of one hunk!  AAARGH!!!  Anyway, the patch I enclose below is the
> one for our tree, which differs by all of *two bytes* from the
> autogenerated alpha-patches-0.1-0.2 one.

That hunk (drivers/sound/Config.in) is actually of limited use.  The
sound driver's author warned that it might not work with some audio
cards.  I left that hunk out.  Besides, it needs a small change to allow
full duplex on MSS cards.

> BTW, I've been running this kernel (patched with Nikita's stuff, my
> corrections and ap0.2) since this morning - seems to be stable.

Good.  Don't worry about the patches I announced today - they basically
repeat your setup.  I was just cleaning up my ap-2.0.30.diff.

	Nikita