Re: gcc?

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Anders Hammarquist wrote:

> It's an AlphaStation 400 4/233 so I suppose it has a bit more punch (96 MB
> RAM helps too). I'll have to check with some other people at the office,
> but I don't think it'll be a problem to let you use it for compilation,
> and maybe find some extra disk (it's got 2GB right now).

Yeah, that would help greatly.  Right now, I'm still running the UDB with
the stock DEC configuration (24MB RAM and the slightly larger 528MB hard
drive).  Luckily, I have a Jaz for storage of the sources, but my cart is
corrupt, so I'm limping.  It's amazing that I still get so much done with
it.

> Ouch... I shall look in to this as soon as possible.

Thanks :)  I know both myself and Mike have been scouring for as much
processing power and disk space as we can get.  I'm going to play with
fakeroot myself and see what happens.  In fact, I'll see if I can get it
compiled this time (one of the previous dists of it didn't work right and
was corrupting deb's).

BTW, have you subscribed to debian-devel yet?  If not, you may want to so
you can follow the fakeroot discussion.  The author of it has been talking
alot lately.

Chris