Re: Package maintenance ideas

On Fri, Sep 19, 1997 at 12:13:21PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> > If [fakeroot] ends up working well, then it would DEFINITELY be a great
> > help in such an effort.  If it doesn't work, though, how else would we
> > manage this?  sudo?  It's not a great option, but it probably could work.
> Anything that requires running as root is a bad idea, even if it is
> necessary at the moment.

Yeah, I'm afraid that locking specific things down with sudo is too
complex---and yet you don't want to give people unlimited sudo,
because then any malicious person could pop the ethernet into
promiscuous mode and start sniffing.  Just a little too inviting, I'm
afraid.

Mike.
--
Don't touch that!  It's the History Eraser Button