Re: Debian Alpha ``install'' works

"Gregory P. Smith" <smithgr@nagita.cs.colorado.edu> writes:
> The installation procedure described by Ian Willmott
> (willmott@nortel.ca) a few days ago works!

Spectacular.

> I'll move it from the Zip drive to a harddrive next and slowly
> bootstrap myself to a useful system.

Go slowly and carefully, and keep the Zip filesystem around JIC.

Other than that, you should be able to get up to speed pretty quickly.

I'm still compiling stuff fairly regularly, but I need to aquire some
more disk space before too long here.  Maybe I'll grab a Zip drive,
but first I need to remember how much space compiling X took...

Mike.