Re: Problem with 2.1.43 kernel

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Guenter Geiger wrote:

>  I tried 2.0.30 and pre2.0.31 .. no success

Hmmm..that's kinda odd then.  I'll see what I can find out about that.

>  I couldn't compile a 2.1 milo version ( header file problems )

Yeah, I've had some problems with compiling MILO.  I'm guessing that
things will change now that RH5.0 is out and is glibc-2 (finally), though.

>  I am able to boot 2.1.13 to a certain degree though, but slowly I'm
>  getting tired of compiling every kernel that's available ....

You should try 2.1.67.  I'm running it on my UDB and it compiled very
nicely.  2.1.68 and above still have problems and shouldn't compile right,
but I haven't had time to track down where the problems lie yet to submit
the reports to linux.dev.kernel.

If you can, let me know what you want included in the kernel and I can try
to compile one for you during some spare cycles.

Chris