Is this do-able?

I read debian-alpha is experimental, but I would rather experiment than do
red hat.  So...

On a udb (Multia) box, is it possible to boot up from floppy, install
base, get network running, and install the rest from a CD from my local
ether-net?  Maybe there is a howto somewhere?  Can't wait to see how it
might run!

Thanks, and sorry if this is a FAQ; just got the box and subbed...

--
dwiebold@cactus.org . . . . . . . . . THIS computer is running Linux!!
          Linux ...  unleash the workstation in your PC!